My Peas - Come see my tame Peahen!

I would love to have a peafowl that tame too. So far I can only pet the peacocks and that happens only when they are displaying. I hope you do get some silver pieds out of your pied pair, that would be great. I am also in love with the pieds, but I love all the wild types of peafowl a bunch too. I would say in total I like 7 different varieties, but I only have 3 varieties so I am hopping to have a few more kinds.
roll.png

Quote:
Yeah I found that out in some looking once I got home. It was a GREAT deal on them, a 2 year old pair for $70.

And let me tell you... luck has nothing to do with how Osiris acts. I sat vigil the night she hatched and took her into bed under my pillow in the crook of my arm to sleep the rest of the night (and ok, I'll be honest... like every night after for several weeks >.>), and she had some pretty constant attention going her way for the first three months of her life. I mean, she got up in the morning with me before work and rode on my shoulder while I dressed and packed lunch and as soon as I got home she was back out hopping around my bed or on my shoulders while I read or made dinner or whatever until I went to sleep. She was raised with a runty duckling I was hand feeding mash to, and so she also got helpings of that off my fingers (which is probably why she still believes my fingers are treats to chew on sigh). Of course I wasn't the ONLY one to handle her- the neighbor kids were tickled by me having peachicks in the house and my mom was just about green with envy until I told her she could play with Blu while I had Osiris out.

So, I mean, we did put a lot of work in to this point and unfortunately at this time she's having to be housed at a friend's while I work out a permanent residence where I can keep them, so she's a lot less friendly than she used to be. Still pettable, of course, and quite as nosy as ever.

I'm excited to try again when I finally have a place where I can be around a hatchling after the three month mark.

Blu is a dark pied. When you breed 2 silver pied together, they don't breed 100% true- you have a chance to get silver pied, dark pied, or pure white birds. Bred back to another dark pied, Blu's kids would all be silver pied. Actually, Osiris is also a dark pied, so I have a boy and girl both
smile.png

Mostly just the white wing edge, which shows they have white blood. He and Osiris both have a white spot at their throats, and when Blu gets his train in (since he's from silver pied and all silver pied are also white-eye) he may have white eyes on his train feathers instead of black. Could be all of them, could be some of them, could be none of them and he just carries it, I won't know til next year. Osiris may get a few white spots in her feathers, they both might, but it won't be more than a couple feathers here or there if any.

Back
Top Bottom