My pekin is wheezy!!!

happy duck

Crazy duck mom
Mar 24, 2018
Small town
My Coop
My Coop
Hello guys!!!! I have a sweet little pekin. He is so amazing! When I got him he was sneezing a bit. Now he seems to be breathing harder and sounds like his nose is all stopped up. I give him baths,give him electrolytes, VetRx, etc and nothing seems to be working. He eats, sleeps, and drinks fine. His whole head can go under the water in his waterer, and he has no mucus coming out of his noes. I am clueless as to what is wrong with him and a tad worried too. Any advice would be so helpful. Also for any of you guys who ask, he will be 3 weeks on Monday.

I don't know at the minute cuz I do not know were I can find a cheap thermometer. They are 3 weeks so I just higher it and lower it as they get older. Also some people say to separate the bird. All of my girls have it(not as bad). My birds will cry if I separate them. I feel like it would become worse cuz of depression if I separated them.

Don't separate them. Yes that would be hard on them. You really need to address a few things temp in brooder, wet bedding because wet bedding and ammonia+heat can cause respiratory issue. Is their brooder large enough? can you post pics of your set up. Can you get a video of what your seeing your ducklings doing?

Yes! If the video works. Sometimes it says that the video was to large. They are in a kiddie pool right now, but am going to move them soon because they are getting a little to big.

IMG_20180421_084251.jpg
This is my brooder set up. Tell me what you think I need to fix.

Back
Top Bottom