My Pet Chicken delivers again!

noitulover

Songster
10 Years
Apr 23, 2009
Central Virginia
This is the third time I have ordered from MPC, and the third time I have been overly pleased with the results! The first time I tried them, I ordered 3 Black Australorps. The second time I ordered, I got 2 Cochins and an EE.

This time, I received 1 Dominique, 1 Salmon Faverolles, 2 EEs, and 2 Japanese Bantams. All 6 arrived healthy and happy and ready to eat and drink! (not even one case of pastey butt!)

29031_chicksssss.jpg

Chicks in the temp. brooder at work.

Last edited:
Are the chickens from MPC better than hatchery chickens? I have ordered from McMurray and Ideal and I ordered Mille Fleur eggs from MPC just wondering.

from the birds ive seen yes they are better than the big hatcheries I guess it is because they are smaller and can consintrate more on type and color rather then the others which has about 500 of each veriety and just throws some in together and hatches them then ships them out!

I ordered from My Pet Chicken for the first time in July and ordered 6 Welsummer pullets when I couldn't find them at other hatcheries who had stopped hatching Welsummers for the summer.. All arrived very healthy and vigorous (no pasty butts) but turns out I have 3 roosters and 3 hens when I paid for all pullets. They are being very cooperative as they agree out of an order for 6 - 50% error is pretty high. They are going to investigate their source and get back to me. But actually it doesn't solve my problem that I now have 3 roosters I don't know what to do with and only 3 hens instead of 6(I already had a Welsummer rooster). But I do like their friendliness and their spirit of trying to make things right. I would order from them again.

Hello I just got my chicks from My Pet Chicken :The shipping Label says From My pet chicken ,But the actual box they came in says Meyer hatchery ,So MPC gets their chicks from diffierent hatcheries

I've read on the MPC website that they are not a store front so don't expect to pick up your chicks there. This obviously indicates they are getting their chicks from other sources and reselling them, but this is kind of surprising to find them using Meyer Hatchery. I just ordered 25 Cornish meat chicks at Meyer for 20% off (think they are ending the hatch this week) and they are vigorous and thriving.

Back
Top Bottom