My pet chicken question.....

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by lilchicklover, Jun 15, 2011.

1. lilchicklover

lilchicklover Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    I ordered from my pet chicken awhile ago and my chickens should be getting here the 28th of this month!!!! but I had a question about the safety of my 2 silkie chicks, they are the only bantams in a box filled with 5 other large breed chickens a brahma, orpington, faverolle, and 2 wyandottes, how large is the possibility that they will be trampled to death by the other chickens and what do i do if they are. If I don't want to order again should I go to the farm supply store and get more chicks so they grow up together. sorry if this is in the wrong section im a newbie.. [​IMG]
    thanks fro all the help in advance.. im a first time chicken owner [​IMG] im a little nervous [​IMG]...

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  2. chickenbarn-gal

chickenbarn-gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2010
    Michigan
    I'm sure the hatchery has done that plenty of times and they know what they're doing, and how to do it. [​IMG] BTW Congrats on getting chicks!!!!! It's the beeeest thing in the world!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] If you have any questions you know where to go [​IMG] [​IMG]

Good luck! [​IMG]

If you have ANY questions WHATSOEVER about chickens you can always ask! No question is too small, or silly for Chicken Lovers! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I worried about the same thing when I ordered bantams w/large fowl chicks earlier this year [​IMG] Everyone was fine though, so I'm sure you'll have the same experience [​IMG]

4. lilchicklover

lilchicklover Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    thanks sooo much i feel better now:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by