my pet chicken reviews

Pics
I have been very happy with MPC....good customer service, every question I've had has been answered promptly and courteously, and the chicks which survived shipping are now big, beautiful, and healthy birds. I lost a few birds in shipping but it was the Post Office's fault - their tracking told me they'd be delivered that day, but instead they were held at the Casper post office until the next day - and it was 19 below zero. So to lose only a couple out of 20 after a stressful and cold 5 day shipping disaster says how well they were packed and how healthy they were when shipped. (Oh, and I've learned a valuable lesson - never NEVER order chicks too early in the year. February in Wyoming is NOT a good time to expect a 100% chick delivery and I was stupid for attempting it) MPC dealt with the post office, gave us a refund on the lost chicks, and even checked back to see how the others were doing.

Maybe it has something to do with the difficulty in sexing bantam chicks. I've read that many hatcheries won't sex bantams. At any rate, we wanted hens which would grow as large as possible to intimidate our playful Pomeranian~ so we only ordered the standard sizes & the prices were comparable to all the other places I looked into.

I had planned to order Lav Orps elsewhere, but scratched that idea after reading horrid reviews on that hatchery earlier today. Seeing the positive comments about MPC led me to their site. Talk about sticker shock!! The chicks I want cost $9 or $10 at other places, but $36 at MPC! Anyone have any idea why that is?

I had planned to order Lav Orps elsewhere, but scratched that idea after reading horrid reviews on that hatchery earlier today. Seeing the positive comments about MPC led me to their site. Talk about sticker shock!! The chicks I want cost $9 or $10 at other places, but $36 at MPC! Anyone have any idea why that is?
Wow! Where did you find them for $9 & $10? I just ordered a female from Meyer for $35.

Well the pricing is probably a supply/demand thing. Mpc & Meyer may have fewer breeding stock than the lower quality hatchery. At any rate, even though I had to take out a 2nd mortgag (just kidding) I'm super excited for the lavender, blue, & buff chicks to arrive!

Well the pricing is probably a supply/demand thing. Mpc & Meyer may have fewer breeding stock than the lower quality hatchery. At any rate, even though I had to take out a 2nd mortgag (just kidding) I'm super excited for the lavender, blue, & buff chicks to arrive!

I've since found the $35 per chick for the Lav Orp to be more across the board. Since the $9 price was on a "Keep Away" site, I'm guessing you get what you pay for. ;-)

I ordered 8 silver laced wyandottes from them in mid may. They all turn 6 weeks tomorrow, and are all doing great. the post office messed up and sent them to spend a night in cleveland ohio, but otherwise the order was great. I was at work the day the chicks were supposed to arrive, so my DW called my pet chicken and they were as helpful as they could be despite the post offices mistake. I've got 8 more birds shipping out either today or tomorrow. 4 each of columbian and gold laced wyandottes.

Back
Top Bottom