My Pet Chicken

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by LlamaChick, Feb 18, 2009.

1. LlamaChick

LlamaChick Out Of The Brooder

Dec 1, 2008
    Llama Country
    Does anyone have any eggsperice with My Pet Chicken?

How is their sexing rate as they state it is 100% but I was wondering if that was true?

Do they have good cutomer service?

I know that someone said that their prices are higher but I want sexed banty's!

Anything else of importance that I should know?

Thanks in advance

2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Last fall we ordered 12 chicks along with my brother-in-law. We ordered all hens but 2 of the hens turned out to be roosters. They did all arrive healthy and of the correct breeds.

3. Lee

Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Marion County, IN
    My Pet Chicken is just a middle man. buy from a hatchery who does the same thing by selling less than the usual minimum of 25.

Like Ideal, Meyers or Healthy Chicks and More. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  4. kdcrws

kdcrws Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    L.C. FL
    we ordered our first 4 from them this past Aug. Ordered four girls got four girls all happy and healthy...Still are!

1 person likes this.
  5. LlamaChick

LlamaChick Out Of The Brooder

Dec 1, 2008
    Llama Country
    Quote:But don't they send all those packing peanut roos that I will fall in love with but don't want and I don't have the heart to make them soup! If I were to rehome them then I know that they would mostlikely end up there! I only want 3-4 chickens each year so my numbers don't get high but I will have a consistant rate of eggs in the long run!

1 person likes this.
  6. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    I emailed them this past weekend to ask a question, and Stephanie responded by email right away (on a weekend!). I would say their customer experience is great, but I haven't ordered from them.

7. kitchwitch

kitchwitch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pa
    if you live somewhere warm you can order from ideal, they'll charge you a small fee of insurance instead of giving you peanuts. However I'd only recommend this if it's warm where you are at the moment. Otherwise it's just asking for disappointment

8. Kimiko

Kimiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    riverside
    I ordered 6 pullet chicks from My Pet Chicken last year.

I was a little less than thrilled with the hatchery. They didn't put my phone number on the package--luckily the Post Master was diligent and looked me up. They also put the wrong zip code, so I kept calling the local post office...and the chickens weren't delivered there. I had to drive across town to get the chicks. (I'm in So Cal so it's a LONG drive. The diligent Post Master stayed late for which I am eternally grateful).

All 6 survived the trip, but 2 ended up being roos. 3-5 months later they were all dead of Mareks. I called in since I'd paid for the vaccine (and hens) and their customer service was great. I will order again and hopefully it will go better this time.

9. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    I bought 10 babies from them four months ago. They all turned out to be girls [​IMG]

10. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I ordered from them about a year and a half ago. I got about 50% female...and these were sexed pullets. I tried to contact them several times and never got a reply. Finally I complained on here and they wrote me...they read this forum often, BTW. They assured me it was just an oversite and they would immediately fix the problem. I wanted replacement chicks....seemed fair to me. I then had to contact them twice more and I finally gave up. A month or so later a check for $10 and two tubes of chicken poop lip balm arrived in the mail. Needless to say, I never felt satisfied and won't order from them again.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by