My Pet Cornish X (Update)

bluefeather2697

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 9, 2011
hi guys, i just want to share to you my beloved CX pullet! she's doing fine now at 14 weeks. she's on a diet so she's slimmer than an ordinary CX.
im excited for the eggs! im sure she can get to lay for me. i'm challenging myself to keep her for 2 years beyond. what'd'ya think? :)

eating an overripe banana. :D

Last edited:
She's a beauty! There is no telling how long she'll live but I've heard of one who lived 3 years. Good luck with her!

AW!! I got one by mistake, bought her from a guy with a bunch of leghorns. In just 4 week she would fly up and perch on my hand to eat any food she saw me with. I just fell in LOVE with her. She grew so fast, soon I named her MilkJug. So sweet and tame. She got huge and her poor litte legs broke down. It was a sad, sad deal.... They have this stuff that you can put in their water to make their legs strong. Its a vita mix, search it. Also a lean diet would be very wise. I hope you have better luck then I did. I wasn't prepared though. Not at all. First one of those birds I saw. Much luck to you!!!!!

She's beautiful
thumbsup.gif

She looks great! You keep her by herself then? How does she do? I ask because I'm thinking she would have to be by herself to have her diet restricted. Or do you let her run with others then separate to feed?

She's a beauty! There is no telling how long she'll live but I've heard of one who lived 3 years. Good luck with her!
AW!! I got one by mistake, bought her from a guy with a bunch of leghorns. In just 4 week she would fly up and perch on my hand to eat any food she saw me with. I just fell in LOVE with her. She grew so fast, soon I named her MilkJug. So sweet and tame. She got huge and her poor litte legs broke down. It was a sad, sad deal.... They have this stuff that you can put in their water to make their legs strong. Its a vita mix, search it. Also a lean diet would be very wise. I hope you have better luck then I did. I wasn't prepared though. Not at all. First one of those birds I saw. Much luck to you!!!!!
She's beautiful :thumbsup
She does look really good! Nice and skinny :)
Thank You! :D

Last edited:
She looks great! You keep her by herself then? How does she do? I ask because I'm thinking she would have to be by herself to have her diet restricted. Or do you let her run with others then separate to feed?

i have four other chickens and seven chicks. they live together but i have to separate her when feeding.
it's worth the effort because she's very docile and gentle to me. :D

hi guys, my CX pullet is getting near to laying age! im very proud of her!

she's doing very well, her legs are very good, and gaining weight in moderation.

and believe it or not, she's only 5 pounds!! :clap :clap :clap

btw, sorry for the messy background (garage area) :D

Back
Top Bottom