my poor georgies teeth

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by agnes_day, Mar 21, 2009.

1. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    well, my bunnies teeth became overgrown yet again, even with following the doctors advice and all of that. well, rather than face a 150 dollar vet bill to have him knocked out and the teeth trimmed, we spent 40 bucks on a dremel tool set and did it ourselves. he didnt even flinch. we had him lay on his back for the procedure and it took maybe 5 minutes for the top and 5 for the bottom. he is a very happy bunny now! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009
  2. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Sounds like you will just have to keep trimming them. Good job in doing it yourself.

3. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    yep, hes got some really weird teeth...the other bunnies teeth are fine. i just cant believe how calm he was..we didnt even have to restrain him while taking the teeth down.

4. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    hey i like your 2 tone egg by the way! [​IMG]

5. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    Isn't it nice when you can save yourself a huge vet bill? Good for you [​IMG]

6. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Very good job I do my animals teeth that need it never had a problem

7. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    yeah we were nervous but we cant afford that much every month to do something that we can do here. poor bunny..i actually got him for free from the local shelter..they were going to put him to sleep because no one wanted him, including the jerk who dumped him there over the weekend. he has quickly became a very big favorite with all of us. i have to say though that he is the most expensive "free" pet ever! [​IMG]

8. abluechipstock

abluechipstock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    fort ashby, wv
    i had one with overgrown teeth, i just used dog nail clippers and cut them myself, being sure not to cut the lip or tongue

9. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Quote:Thank you. The girls have never laid another one like it and I have no clue which one laid it either.

10. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:Thank you. The girls have never laid another one like it and I have no clue which one laid it either.

thats cool I thought it was a photo shop job [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by