my poor girls got attacked by a husky

fluffy2524

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
yesterday a husky attacked my girl (3 barred rocks 3 jersey giants 1 producing red) the husky killed one jersey giant snapped her neck and badly injured 2 barred rock they both have multiple gouges and bite marks and one limps. they went to the vet and the vet gave us medication for them and said they might be ok is there anything else or any little secrets that there might be in the chicken world to help them get better?
sad.png

I feel for you! I have 2 dogs.. a Husky and a black lab. The black lab lays with my chickens and the Husky eats them. I had a similar incident with my husky.. killed 2 silkies. As far as care, just keep wounds clean, keep them warm, and when I have an injured bird, vitamins in the water helps too. Good luck!

I am not sure about the doctoring, but there is a water soluble aspirin you can get at the feed store, it will help the pain! I am sorry about your chickens!
sad.png
I hope hope they get better soon!

Oh no poor babies
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

I ditto the sentement of the lead pill delivered at high speed. My method of choice would be the .22

Dam dogs!

I'm sorry. I don't have advice other than what's been given for your chickens. But, I do want to Welcome you to BYC - too bad your first post is under such awful circumstances.

edited for spelling

Last edited:
thanks everyone i put the heat up in the chicken house for the birds and where i live you cant shoot guns in your yard because we are so close to other houses but since the dog killed my grandfthers favorite bird and injuried my favorite one their is this big pitch fork sitting on the front porch if the dog comes back which it probally will because the dog got one of my neibors chickens a couple months back so it will be back and will to have fun again but wont leave again but thanks for the advice for the birds they looked better today than yesterday anyway

Back
Top Bottom