My Poor Tree.

The cat that we had when I was a child would climb the tree once a year. It was like his Christmas Mt. Everest. We just didn't put the ornaments on until after the yearly tree climb.

Now...bows. We didn't have presents with bows on them for many years. I have a friend that wraps her presents twice. Once for the looks under the trees and again before giving them to people because her cats tear them up so much.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
I hope you have a very good experience here. The people here are wonderful!!!!

I don't have indoor cats anymore, because I'm really allergic. When we did, we usually had a minimum of at least 3 - 4 cats at any given time. It was an absolute given that they would knock down our Christmas tree almost daily, but usually at night. We always had real trees too. I lost lots of ornaments, and always had a wet carpet from the water tray the tree stands in being knocked over. I finally got smart, and got only plastic or wooden ornaments. We would usually end up tethering the tree to the wall in a few spots too. Now, we have a really nice fake one, but with no indoor cats, I don't really have to worry about it. My dogs are pretty good about staying away from it too.
I remember when my husband and I started dating. His cat had kittens just one month before Christmas. Needless to say, we did alot of re-wrapping of gifts. Nothing like 4, one month old kittens "exploring" around a decorated tree with gifts underneath.
tongue.png

What cute photos! My cats have all loved the Christmas trees, too. Mine seemed to like climbing the fake trees more than the real ones. Napping under the tree was always popular. I always had to spend time getting cat fur out of the tree skirt every year, before putting it away. I loved seeing my favorite kitty peeking out from behind the packages she was hiding behind.
big_smile.png

Our tree is only decorated with silver bells. My parents found out long ago that they are child proof, dog proof, and cat proof. They've bought a single bell each year from Wallace Silversmiths. Only downside is each year they need polished to make them shine, but that is a no biggie. And they sound lovely too!

Back
Top Bottom