My project needs help

Severne

Songster
Dec 21, 2019
Northern CA
Hello all! 3 years have passed since I started my project. This is the goal of my project. To have duckwing pattern, blue eggs, black feet, pea comb, small and slim body, good heat toleranc. I’m not very far. My rooster has beard/muff, don’t know his egg genes but probably O/O or O/o. he has either wheaten, duckwing or wheaten pattern.

1612896996687.png

This is probably a partridge or e+/e^b?

The first one is plain buff, I don’t think I should breed with my roo, though she has wonderful egg productio.
PNG image.png
The second one is half brother with my rooster, I don’t think I’ll be breeding her.
PNG image 2.png

I don’t know if I want them to be gold wheaten or gold duckwin, e+ but I want them to breed true. Any tips?
It may be hard to do that as all of them have a mixed coloring, including the buff, which isn’t purebred. They will likely have recessive genes and leakage. If you just want a mostly duckwing/wheaten pattern, that’s not too hard to do. If you want them to match the SOP version of duckwing and breed true to that, it will be much harder.

View attachment 2535231
This is probably a partridge or e+/e^b?
View attachment 2535272
this one I think is e+/e+? It is also quite possibly my roosters mother or at least aunt. Somethin is wrong with her head.View attachment 2535278
Here is a EE I don’t know if I’ll use, she seems to be EE wheaten.View attachment 2535296
These hens are pretty much duckwing. The last one looks like a messy silver duckwing. Additionally, if you breed your rooster (assuming he’s duckwing) to the red/buff hens, then breed the offspring back to a duckwing-looking chicken, they should produce more duckwings.

Back
Top Bottom