My pullet kind of crows?

I highly doubt the breeder accidentally gave you a Brahma instead of an OEGB. They are 2 totally different birds. He’s a cockerel btw. Did she give you any more breeds? You should post pics of them too.

Old English Game Bantams do not have feathered feet. Brahmas do.

Old English Game Bantams have single combs, Brahmas have pea combs.

So there's two things you can check if you have to deal with that breeder again ;)
Wow, interesting, thanks for the tips. I have several of these cuties I purchased from her so I’m not sure how she mixed this up but I’ll ask.

They were about 4 weeks old when I got them. I should of known something was off when I couldn’t find any OEGB online that looked like them. New and naive chicken mom. 😂

Old English Games come in so many colors it can be hard to know for sure whether you've got a rare color or a different breed (although that color is very common in Brahmas, and rare in other breeds.) And of course the feet are really distinctive, once you know to look for them :)

at hatch the Brahmas also look night and day different too so... This "breeder" wasn't playing with a full deck.

I could see mixing them up at hatch, if one didn't look at the feet, and depending on what color of Old English Games. Some of them have down colors that are similar to what Light Brahmas have, and all kinds of combs are really tiny at hatch.

(But if I knew I had Brahma bantams and OEGs in the same batch, I would know to check the feet, because that way there's not doubt--fuzzy or not.)

Back
Top Bottom