My purebred Ameraucana hen laid a tan egg!!! D=

Status
Not open for further replies.

horsecrazychicklovingkid

Crowing
8 Years
Jul 10, 2011
Earth! Naw, just kidding, I'm an alien.
My purebred blue wheaten Ameraucana hen laid a tan egg!
th.gif
I can't believe it.

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure it is a purebred otherwise? Can you post a pic of the "offending" hen? Seems like I remember some discussion a few weeks or so back about some lines of Ameraucanas having discrepancies in their breeding that was causing willow legs...makes you wonder if your bird came from somewhere in those lines? Either way, I am sorry you don't have what you thought you did...
sad.png

In that case, I would contact the seller and let them know of a "glitch" in their program. And if you hatched this bird yourself, I would seriously look at the lineage of the pullet's parents...

BigDaddy'sGurl :

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure it is a purebred otherwise? Can you post a pic of the "offending" hen? Seems like I remember some discussion a few weeks or so back about some lines of Ameraucanas having discrepancies in their breeding that was causing willow legs...makes you wonder if your bird came from somewhere in those lines? Either way, I am sorry you don't have what you thought you did...
sad.png

About the thing with the legs, some chicken feeds have marigold in it which can change the coloring of willow and slate blue leg coloring to have a yellowish tinge that could possibly be the cause of willow green legs in Ameraucanas. We are careful not to feed feeds with marigold in it. Unless, of course, it was born with willow legs. The only problem we have had is having more pinkish than slate legs.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom