My quail got out!

It's ok, I didn't come for judgement as to the steps taken to protect my family and garden they destroyed while on my own property where I should have a say so. If it were a dog attacking us no one would bat an eye for doing what was needed for safety. I only mentioned it because I knew someone would ask why we didn't knock on the neighbor's door and ask. I just need to know if they will live through the winter if we move them back. I'm not looking to have them suffer because people want to judge why we can't get her back

It's ok, I didn't come for judgement as to the steps taken to protect my family and garden they destroyed while on my own property where I should have a say so. If it were a dog attacking us no one would bat an eye for doing what was needed for safety. I only mentioned it because I knew someone would ask why we didn't knock on the neighbor's door and ask. I just need to know if they will live through the winter if we move them back. I'm not looking to have them suffer because people want to judge why we can't get her back
I’m soooo sooo sorry :hugs

I had a heat lamp in the house for them when they 1st went out at 6 weeks old. They never went in and just bundled up in a corner. I'm afraid they will do that again. We thought about insulting sheets, but my husband fears they will pack at it and get sick, even if we put it up along the outside

There's also another thread going on right now about winter weather prep advice, I recommend looking at that.:D
Ok, I'll see if I can find it. I still don't know how to fully use this site. I found different threads before and can't remember how

Bundling in a corner isn't necessarily a bad thing, my chickens have done that on particularly cold winter days it keeps them warm.

Yes I knew they were doing it for warmth. I had used the same light from their brooder in Hope's it would encourage them in their house, but it never did. I just know they are unhappy now. They never tried to leave their pen, now that's all they do. It's hard to get them fed, watered, and giving them their daily treats

Back
Top Bottom