My Quails & Pheasants *LOTS Of Pics = ) *

BirdBoy88

Angel Egg
12 Years
Dec 26, 2007
Maryland
Ok i finally had the time to take pics of the birds while i was cleaning out the brooders some pics are bad but it's hard taking pics of a bird that wont stay still Lol

1st ) Pheasants

5429_2008_0922chicks0014.jpg

5429_2008_0922chicks0016.jpg

2cnd ) A pure white bobwhite but with some spots on her that look like coturnix feathers?

5429_2008_0922chicks0017.jpg

5429_2008_0922chicks0018.jpg

Butler Bobwhite

5429_2008_0922chicks0020.jpg

3rd Coturnix quail *Tori grandquail*

5429_2008_0922chicks0019.jpg

Button Quails.. now tori i took pics of only the buttons with different coloring.. the rest of the button chicks are the normal colors
smile.png

5429_different.jpg

5429_choco1.jpg

I lost rack of all my chicks ages LOL but i think they are all 3 going on 4 weeks old now

*** Don't forget to check out pics of my other chicks
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=997845#p997845

Last edited:
not sure yet i know i do have at least 3 normal color hens
smile.png

but i am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo Confused here
idunno.gif
hu.gif
hu.gif
hu.gif
hu.gif

That white bobwhite chick well at least i think it's a bobwhite now..

she has the spot with other color feathering that look just like coturnix feathers AND when she chirps she sound just like a coturnix chicks...

now when the other bobwhites chirp they sound different.. it's more of a whistle kind of sound but not this white bobwhite.. i swear if you didn't see her but heard her chirp you would 100% think it's a coturnix quail chick

BirdBoy88, nice pic's..your white bobwhite will loose those dark spots. They normally go full white as they molt in the first year...So by breeding season it should be pure white, it is all bobwhite, love there crest on there heads. after it gets a bit older they normally stand there crest up on there heads when they get happy or angry..hheheheheh......

Pheasants also look good..

o i wanted to also mention some of the whites will also look Frizzled until they molt out..I have a bunch of almost mature white bobs from this year that i kept and some had or have dark spots yet and some are also Frizzled looking as well, but this all comes out as time goes by in the first year. My White breeders are really awesome and all went through the same stages as what im telling you....so the one you have may or may not show that frizzling affect..

Thanks
Charlie

Last edited:
after looking at that white chick more, I think I agree wtih you birdboy looks coturnix to me. NOt the feathers though, the beak looks like a coturnix quails, and the tail length looks coturnix. Bobwhites have longer tails. Guess just see how she matures more
smile.png

Quote:
I'm the same with it to.. i was thinking well maybe it is a white coturnix chick that hatch out of one of tori's eggs when i wasn't looking in the bator.. because they all were popping out so fast i couldn't keep track but i don't no like you said i just have to wait and see how she matures
smile.png

Last edited:
If its a white bobwhite it should stay smaller than the butler..At hatch it should have been much smaller. However being they arent pictured togeather, i couldnt really say..

now Unless you got one of my project white bobwhite eggs by mistake..Wich i call "gaint jumbo whites"?? still working on them..If it is i will cry..
hit.gif

however you may be right, looking at the shanks on that white one, it may be coturnix

charlie

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom