My Quest begins ...

galxox

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 29, 2008
Well i called City Hall about having chickens. I've been denied, i guess im not in the zoning area and you have to have like five acres of land
barnie.gif
im so upset. But im not giving up lol on Saturday im going to make cupcakes decorated like chickens
D.gif
haha and go to everyone that lives within 500 feet of me and ask them if thats okay with them, like a petition and then if i get there okays, im going to have to go infront of city council and explain why i should get these chickens lol, i already have some ideas.. any input yall???
yippiechickie.gif

Pretty cupcakes! Thanks for the great idea for next Easter for the kiddos! Beautiful! Goodluck with the city, hopefully the neighbors will be nice about it...

As long as your only going to have hens i dont see why your neighbors would care. and if your neighbors dont care, then why do you need to tell the city you have them?
cool.png

Just tell your neighbors you wont be having roosters, and that they can have free eggs and wont even be able to tell that you have chickens because they'll be so clean and quiet!

Thank you ehurt .. I dont get it though where i live.. legit up the street is cows and horses, Why couldn't i get chickens ??

Uh, yeah, I'll be honest, I'm typically a very law abiding adult, but I didn't follow the town rules
tongue.gif

So I built the coop, and ordered 4 hens, and got 5. I had checked with the neighbors first and they don't care. My hens are usually quieter than my annoying dogs, so I can't see what they would complain about. Do what you feel is best, but maybe if you are going to go against the town, you may want to try and get other on board with you.....
old.gif

* I found out the woman at my pet shop kept 11 chickens OUAT 15 years ago in the town just north of me. The city gave her hell-- she took it to court and won-- but, somebody went into her coop just 2 days b/f she won and rung all the chickens necks. She hasn't kept a chicken since. And the city has since that time outlawed chickens again somehow.

Last edited:
Explain about the local food movement and how sustainability is the future and how you wanted to grow your own food and how chickens are better then dogs.

Henry

Back
Top Bottom