My "Rare" EE Roo Chick

hehe... that little ladder in there is too cute!

Grizzly is feathering out just like mine did.
big_smile.png

smile.png
they don't like the ladder much, but they like the purple ramp that is in there (solid)... I need to get another one.

Do EE's get rose combs? I don't remember. Griz's comb is smaller than most of my girls' right now, but he's like 2 times bigger than most of them. (we think we might have a couple more roos in this batch) - and if Grizzly is not a he, I am sure he'll make me pay for it later.
wink.png

12753_img_0105.jpg

He finally showed his legs for the camera.

Last edited:
EEs usually have a pea comb or some variation of one. Cute chick!

Jody

Here's my Grizzly MacFuzzybutt 4 weeks and 4 days old. Still all think he's gonna be a true Araucana? The EE chicks I saw in McMurray's catalog do not look like what he looked like. Those looked much too yellow. *shrug*
12753_img_0138.jpg

12753_grizzlyperch.jpg

Last edited:
awwww.. I am sorry for your loss, 4loveofbabychickens!
hugs.gif

I am not opposed to mine being a mix, I am curious for all and any opinions.
smile.png

Hi,
I think s/he is an Easter Egger
Looks like my little emmas coloring and she has a little beard and muffs and the slate/green legs too. I haven't sorted out the picture posting and will try to do so to show you how she looks.

Just to clear up something:
from what I understand...Auracanas are rumpless and have ear tufts (not muffs) and are very rare and do not come from hatcheries. They are a different breed from Ameraucanas, and Ameraucanas are only available from breeders and not hatcheries

Easter Eggers carry the blue egg gene and will lay blue/green/brown or sometimes pinkish brown eggs, they have a mixture of Ameraucana or auracana traits: slate/green legs, muffs, beards, ear tufts... but not all of the characteristics that define the two individual breeds.

i love my 20 week old Easter Eggers and am just holding my breath waiting to see what color their eggs turn out to be!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom