My rhode island red stopped laying!

Dianes Divas

Chirping
Jul 14, 2017
very puzzled..she is year old and got her in May and she laid an egg e ery day. One evening we noticed her just standing and seemed distressed...she had laid that morning so was sure nothing bound. Then she rekleased this long white string like mass...next came what looked like an egg but it broke immediately....after this she was fine and acted normal. This was over month ago and she hasn't laid ann egg since! Help...what is going on..I am new at this...

Could be something is wrong, or it could be she's starting to shut down for the season. If she's acting normal I wouldn't worry, if she's acting off there could be something wrong internally, than you would have to find a vet to have a look at her.

Thank you or replying. She acts just fine...talks to me..forages and eats and active..puzzling..she is too you g to quit u less she wasn't the age I was told when I bought her.

Sorry I meant she might have quit for this year. They will quit laying before the fall molt, which will generally start at the end of August and go to December. Some start the molt earlier than others.

She also could be taking a break which many hens do when it gets hot out. They will resume laying for a bit when it cools off, before quitting to molt.

Back
Top Bottom