My RIR is 20 wks and has squatted...when will she start laying?

Mine aren't friendly, they hide from us but my RIR Mushroom, which we originally called Bubbles, but now they're all with the last name Omelette-(can you tell my daughter is behind all this?)-so Mushroom Omelette, expects to be fed some of her food by hand and she is very picky about the food I give her. If I give them scratch feed, she seems offended and will whine for some greens, her favorite. ANd if it isn't the kind she wants she will whine...gotta love her.

Okay, so Monday will be week 21...okay...gotta be patient...gotta be understanding...gotta wait more...

My RIR crosses started to lay about 10 days after those changes- you're getting close!
lol.png

My RIR was exactly 20 weeks to the day this week and has layed a small egg everyday since. She never did the squat thing, It is like she became more talkative and friendly (usually skittish) to me and I could sense something was up and sure enough the distinct voice of a hen laying came wednesday morning she layed an egg around 6am went back to check on her at 11am and there was another. I am sure you will be blessed with eggs soon!

Last edited:
you'll hear some different squaking comming from her OR the others when 1 lays,,,,, maybe,,,,mine make a small squack and do ALOT of talking,, then go in have an egg,,,, and then my roo starts screaming,, i can tell from a mile away when 1 of my hens have an egg ,, hehe
wink.png

I have 1 RIR, 22+ weeks and nothing! I have a total of 9 (BO's & EE's) that I got in mid April. Only one is laying. I will say that she did become very friendly after laying and she does a lot of talking to me.

I have one Cochin that lays small eggs...but I went out today and there was a larger egg than my Cochin eggs, and it had a line around it that you can see and feel that looked like it was hard to push out. It is bigger...could this be her first egg???

Back
Top Bottom