By "whole bottle" what size are you referring to? I was just in our TSC the other day looking for something else and saw it there with the chicken stuff. It was small, like a perfume bottle's worth (an ounce or two). I wasn't paying much attention but that little bottle was $40 or $50 something! Dang, I'm sorry to anyone who needs this stuff, and hope I never do!
Usually 100ml is the size I used to get. But I think one can get 500ml also.

So I looked up some other threads just using keywords and discovered that his preening gland was clogged. I tried to expell it but nothing was coming out. There was a larger lump under it. I gently massaged it, at first he was not impressed! But them he calmed down as I was massaging it. After a few minutes it shot out a couple times and then was oily again. Another issue I seen was the build up. Through another thread they were dealing with ingrown feathers and some infected feathers. I gently felt around his whole tail (where it was also hard) alot of the build up was old feather remnants and ingrown feathers that were broken off too short for him to fix, I did the same there. I massaged the swollen feather follicles and most of them just came out with the massaging. Some I had to pull a bit but if there was resistance I left it because he was already going through enough. This morning olim going to give him a bath with Epson salts and I have a vet shampoo I was advised a while ago that would be good. I'll post I pic before I use it. I'm just in the dark as my spouse is sleeping lol.

Where is that located on his body - near the tail and preening gland?

Is the preening gland functioning?
Glad you were able to figure it out.
Hopefully he will start doing a little better now:)
So I looked up some other threads just using keywords and discovered that his preening gland was clogged.

Back
Top Bottom