my rooster boy...

miss_jayne

Lady_Jayne
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
Columbiaville, MI
this is my James. he's wild about roosters!
yippiechickie.gif

he is in charge of naming them all.

he wanted to show some 'spirit' at the FowlFest we attended in Frankenmuth.

(other Michiganders...i have photos for you...i will leave to you if you want to post them as they have your children in photos!)

12425_hpim0519.jpg

thanks, Opa! he was pretty excited to see all the roos.

and, yeah, he and the painting are both pretty cute! (course, i am partial, cause i made both of them!
lol.png
)

It appears that you are on the right track with your son. I was always very involved with my sons when they were growing up and now I continue to reap the rewards. I constantly hear remember when we did this or remember when we did that; what a great feeling. Then to see my oldest son raising my granddaughter by the same rules and standards he was raised with is very reassuring. Keep being a parent first and a friend second, as it appears you are doing and I'm sure when your children are adults you'll be as proud of them as I am of mine.

since this is MY topic, i guess i can be honest and bold. if my belief offends, i offer no apology, but agree to disagree with a person. so if you don't want to read this next part, folks...that's okay with me.
smile.png

Opa, i thank you so much for what you stated! my husband will stand before God one day and be responsible for how we raised our children. we surely would like to do that knowing we made good choices. our family is our first ministry and we try our best, and seek His guidance.

yes, a parent first. the Word promises that a child who honors his parents will have long life. how can i not help them to claim that!

again, Opa, i thank you. we parents need all the encouragement we can get. confirmation comes in many forms. God bless you!

Back
Top Bottom