My rooster doesn’t crow

Dans Magoo

Chirping
May 14, 2022
I am new to this chicken game, got 13 hens and one roo. He had not made a sound since we got him, been here a week now. He seems happy and healthy but not a sound. Is this normal? Not really complaining as I was concerned my neighbors may complain.

I am new to this chicken game, got 13 hens and one roo. He had not made a sound since we got him, been here a week now. He seems happy and healthy but not a sound. Is this normal? Not really complaining as I was concerned my neighbors may complain.
How old is he? If he’s five months or younger it’s probably normal. Some of my roosters even a bit after the five month mark weren’t too interested in crowing. Even now some of my rooster go through phases where they just don’t crow as much. I think there’s a good chance it’s normal if he seems happy and healthy!

How old is he? If he’s five months or younger it’s probably normal. Some of my roosters even a bit after the five month mark weren’t too interested in crowing. Even now some of my rooster go through phases where they just don’t crow as much. I think there’s a good chance it’s normal if he seems happy and healthyM
Welcome to BYC.

How old are your birds?

Photos, please? My first thought is that you might have the opposite of most people's problem -- getting a female that you thought was male. :)
I was told they were a mix of ages. The breeder we got them from did not say how old they were. He definitely looks like a male. Ringo is the one in the middle.

Attachments

• 992DF501-7872-41C2-9E59-A9D9FA2DBB79.jpeg
    992DF501-7872-41C2-9E59-A9D9FA2DBB79.jpeg
    763.5 KB · Views: 3
I was told they were a mix of ages. The breeder we got them from did not say how old they were. He definitely looks like a male. Ringo is the one in the middle.
He definitely does look like a male, and most likely an older one at that. He’ll probably start crowing soon! If he looks healthy there’s probably nothing to worry about 🤍

Back
Top Bottom