1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MY ROOSTER EATING A SOCK HELP FAST

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by youtubeminer, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This has been an interesting post. Glad to hear that your roo isn't showing any signs of illness. I sure hope this all works out for you! [​IMG]

2. youtubeminer

youtubeminer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2015
    What illness he will show? what soft food we should feed him

3. PerfectPlumage

PerfectPlumage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mushed bananas, cooked carrot mush, cooked potato mush, mushed strawberries maybe... And he MIGHT have these symptoms if he has a blockage:

Unable to stand or refusing

Not wanting to eat or drink

Un-activeness

Off colored comb or wattle

4. youtubeminer

Jul 1, 2015
    Will these food help him with the blockaged and the sock problem

5. allbirds4me

allbirds4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2015
    ok, either this is a joke or " THE " WTH post of the week here .
    Understand this ...if the bird eats too many sock pieces then he very well could end up with blockages in his intestines , that is.... get impacted.
    It could die from this blockage, just trust us on this one.

If you have to resort to putting a sock on a bird to stop it from crowing then find another home for the bird where the crowing won't be a problem.
    If this is a joke ( am leaning toward it prob. being so ) then quit trying to pull the wool ( sock) over people's heads.
    If you're really serious then you need to find an alternative "humane" means to end the crowing problem for what you're doing ( if you really are ) is cruel , it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out if you can't catch it to take the sock off then it can't eat or drink with the sock on.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. allbirds4me

allbirds4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2015

7. chickmomma03

chickmomma03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2015
    North Carolina
    If it's not a joke you need to rehome your rooster. Roosters crow, it's how they warn you, talk to their flock, etc. It's their job. I have a rooster and I quite enjoy his crowing most of the time, that 1% of the time I find it annoying it's me not him. But I take his crow very seriously and investigate to see if any problems are going on. He has alerted me to issues and I appreciate that.

It's simple, do NOT put a sock on a rooster. Do NOT let him eat it, period.

8. Zinniah

Zinniah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2015
    Texas
    how old are you? maybe you can volunteer at a veterinarian office that treats farm animals, or maybe a local farm, that way you can learn a lot about your own chickens and better take care of them.

9. youtubeminer

Jul 1, 2015
    Update: I check on him he stop eating the sock hes eating and drinking every fine and he ate little pieces of the sock my sister says he will poop it out but he's fine! [​IMG]

10. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

He probably got the idea to use a sock right here on BYC. There a couple of discussions that include using baby socks on roosters.[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by