MY ROOSTER EATING A SOCK HELP FAST

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wears it, it makes him stop crowing
idunno.gif
duc.gif

Okay, this is way too technical for me!
wink.png
Let me just add that if he keeps eating the sock pieces, you are almost guaranteed that he will, indeed, stop crowing! I wish you all the best luck with him.
thumbsup.gif
lau.gif

oh cool so keep adding socks when he eats it?
ep.gif
duc.gif

well, who caught him to put the sock on? you can try tempting him over with food or sneaking up on him when he sleeps, could be dangerous. You need to get a hold of him somehow. i don't know if it is a 99% chance but it seems like it would be a high chance.
thumbsup.gif

I'm usually not a snot.. but this is a joke right??? 1 is he wearing the sock and picking at it and if you cant catch him to take it off how did you catch him to put it on???? do you think the sock will keep him from crowing or is there another reason why he has it on?? where would you get an idea like that from?? and if u ate a sock how do you think you would feel????
thumbsup.gif

This has been an interesting post. Glad to hear that your roo isn't showing any signs of illness. I sure hope this all works out for you!
pop.gif

Mushed bananas, cooked carrot mush, cooked potato mush, mushed strawberries maybe... And he MIGHT have these symptoms if he has a blockage:

Unable to stand or refusing

Not wanting to eat or drink

Un-activeness

Off colored comb or wattle

Will these food help him with the blockaged and the sock problem

ok, either this is a joke or " THE " WTH post of the week here .
Understand this ...if the bird eats too many sock pieces then he very well could end up with blockages in his intestines , that is.... get impacted.
It could die from this blockage, just trust us on this one.

If you have to resort to putting a sock on a bird to stop it from crowing then find another home for the bird where the crowing won't be a problem.
If this is a joke ( am leaning toward it prob. being so ) then quit trying to pull the wool ( sock) over people's heads.
If you're really serious then you need to find an alternative "humane" means to end the crowing problem for what you're doing ( if you really are ) is cruel , it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out if you can't catch it to take the sock off then it can't eat or drink with the sock on.

Last edited:
If it's not a joke you need to rehome your rooster. Roosters crow, it's how they warn you, talk to their flock, etc. It's their job. I have a rooster and I quite enjoy his crowing most of the time, that 1% of the time I find it annoying it's me not him. But I take his crow very seriously and investigate to see if any problems are going on. He has alerted me to issues and I appreciate that.

It's simple, do NOT put a sock on a rooster. Do NOT let him eat it, period.

Will these food help him with the blockaged and the sock problem

how old are you? maybe you can volunteer at a veterinarian office that treats farm animals, or maybe a local farm, that way you can learn a lot about your own chickens and better take care of them.

Update: I check on him he stop eating the sock hes eating and drinking every fine and he ate little pieces of the sock my sister says he will poop it out but he's fine!
1f61b.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom