My rooster is evil

ETortellini

Chirping
Apr 22, 2020
My Cuckoo x BR rooster is phyco. Long story short, he may have killed one hen months ago. I found her dead with a snapped neck. Looking back I think the did it. No I see my hens back if their heads and neck open soars and gashes. He has attacked me many times, really bad. I think he may have to go. Any advice? I’ve tried holding him down and other methods like with no success.

I doubt your rooster killed that hen. If it was a snapped neck, it was she flew into something or something. I suspect predator. What breed is your rooster? I did witness a rooster trying to kill a hen before. He had a couple singled out that he'd purposely peck until they bleed.
How long is your rooster's spurs? Those can sometimes tear up the back, and a saddle is a must for the ladies. Despuring also helps if you're willing to do that.
But on attacking you, he's just protecting his hens from you. Most people send mean roosters to freezer camp.

I doubt your rooster killed that hen. If it was a snapped neck, it was she flew into something or something. I suspect predator. What breed is your rooster? I did witness a rooster trying to kill a hen before. He had a couple singled out that he'd purposely peck until they bleed.
How long is your rooster's spurs? Those can sometimes tear up the back, and a saddle is a must for the ladies. Despuring also helps if you're willing to do that.
But on attacking you, he's just protecting his hens from you. Most people send mean roosters to freezer camp.
Ooh, good point!

Two of the hens are pecked clean of feathers and open red soars. The rooster is cuckoo & BR.

Back
Top Bottom