My rooster killed a cat!Will be graphic picture!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rooster brandon.

Songster
9 Years
Sep 10, 2010
Kodak, by knoxville
A black and grey cat showed up and tackled a hen she was screaming and the cat was biting hard but only getting feathers i was running toward them but my rooster beat me there a spured the cat like 100 times within 2 secounds and the cat ran around the trailer with the rooster close behind fluaging him i walk over and the cat had blood and fur every where the cat died the rooster is a golden laced cochin BANTAM HE WAS MAD what would make him do this would the hen made a sound to make him be like the ultimate killer or something?

Last edited:
Wow. Holey cat! I don't know anything about roosters except that I think I have a baby one and I hope he grows up to be just like yours!!

He did what a good rooster would do protect his girls. I am surprised he managed to kill the cat. I hope your rooster and hen are okay. I would give that rooster some really nice treats.

Its the roosters natural instinct to protect their flock when threatened, Ive read on this forum about roosters that have given their life to protect a hen.
I would give him extra treats if i were you,
thumbsup.gif

My rooster jumped me from behind the other day. I had taken some coffee grounds out and was dumping them and beating on the side of the can with a rubber spatula. The hens had all gathered around in case something interesting came out and apparently his little rooster brain thought I was beating up on his hens, so he tried to protect them. Usually he's very nice and quite apprehensive of me, so it was surprising until I thought about what I had been doing. Their instinct is to protect the hens. That cat must have been pretty hungry to attack a grown chicken; I've never seen one do that.

Here is a pic of the mean cat
67522_weird_pics_012.jpg

Here is a pic of the hen it attacked
67522_all_my_chickens_006.jpg

And the rooster that killed the cat
67522_all_my_chickens_008.jpg

Well im kinda glad the cat is gone if he was turning into a chicken eater!

What a good Roo. I am sad over the cat but a Roo has to do what he has to do. He really needs special treats.

well right now he is eating a tomatoe still on plant and a couple night crawlers he is so excited he can hardly keep still he keeps bringing the worms to the attacked hen she is ok just some missing feathers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom