My rooster was shot and is still alive...help.

Another update on Simon. He is still doing well. I wouldn't say better, but he isn't doing worse. I wrapped his wing up and am going to mix some medicine with his water. Was thinking of putting a hen or two in there with him so he isn't so lonely, lol.

Attachments

• 20220312_115833.jpg
    20220312_115833.jpg
    962.5 KB · Views: 3
Another update on Simon, he is alive!! I never did find a bullet wound so I'm gonna guess Simon's wing was shot and he just played dead. Apparently he is very good at it. The other day we had the garbage service come pick up our trash and after a very loud bang, Simon just dropped. I. Kid. You. Not. At first I thought he passed from a heart attack but NOPE. My chicken can play dead quite well.

On another note, his left wing isn't recovering very well. It doesn't drag as much but it's still very broken. He slips the bandage often that I wrap around him, so I'm constantly adjusting it. I'm not sure if there is anything I can do for his wing at this point or if anyone knows of a different way to bandage it and for it to actually hold? Atm, the best thing I've found to work is horse bandages I picked up from Tractor Supply.

Back
Top Bottom