My rooster was shot and is still alive...help.

Giving everyone an update on the rooster, who by the way is called Simon. I decided if he was doing the same today I would take him to the Vet and just see what I could afford to do....he isn't doing well. My stepdad is now traumatized and is unable to finish "the job" and I certainly don't have the heart to do that to my pet rooster. So, I'm just making him as comfortable as possible and I would be surprised if he makes it through the night. :(

Once again my stepdad learned a valuable lesson from this and won't be touching any of my chickens in the future. Also, to prove he isn't *quite* a blood thirsty rooster killer, I've decided to attach the other rooster I love that he DIDN'T kill. Thank goodness. Oddly enough I could never really settle on a name for this sassy guy, who is extra sassy after being put in the coop with the ladies. To make the end of this thread less morose, would anyone want to name him for me? I think it's fitting that my fellow chicken friends that helped me through this a bit can also help me name the surviving rooster.

thank you everyone for answering my questions and trying to help me out!

Attachments

• 20220309_111500.jpg
    20220309_111500.jpg
    834 KB · Views: 5
Giving everyone an update on the rooster, who by the way is called Simon. I decided if he was doing the same today I would take him to the Vet and just see what I could afford to do....he isn't doing well. My stepdad is now traumatized and is unable to finish "the job" and I certainly don't have the heart to do that to my pet rooster. So, I'm just making him as comfortable as possible and I would be surprised if he makes it through the night. :(

Once again my stepdad learned a valuable lesson from this and won't be touching any of my chickens in the future. Also, to prove he isn't *quite* a blood thirsty rooster killer, I've decided to attach the other rooster I love that he DIDN'T kill. Thank goodness. Oddly enough I could never really settle on a name for this sassy guy, who is extra sassy after being put in the coop with the ladies. To make the end of this thread less morose, would anyone want to name him for me? I think it's fitting that my fellow chicken friends that helped me through this a bit can also help me name the surviving rooster.

thank you everyone for answering my questions and trying to help me out!
Sounds like he has learnt a lesson the hard way..unfortunately most of us do. You live and learn, bless him, at least you both can put this behind you with no bad feelings ❤️ That’s the main thing, and hopefully the vet can repair your boy or put him out of pain. I’m rubbish at picking names so I’ll just throw one out there…Silva 🤷‍♀️ Good luck and keep us posted after your vet visit.

Back
Top Bottom