my rooster's legs and feet are red and he can't walk. I have pic

I gave him the shot. It was not too too hard. I gave him 1ml. I hope this works. I don't know if I'm cut out to raise chickens. Now I have one that looks like his neck is broke but he is eating. I let them run free we have 82 acres so they can do pretty much what they want and it was cold last night they have a coop with hay the hens have nest. But they are getting sick and hurt not from other animals but from thing I can't control. So I don't know if I have done somthing wrong. Was I suppose to get vaccinations for them now Im sorta worried about the eggs. Are they safe to eat because I did not give them vaccinations. Thants to all that have helped me.

I think your eggs are fine to eat. The only vaccine I get is Mareks. I wouldn't sell or give away any chickens in your flock since you are seeing sickness because it can cause someone else to risk losing their flock. The one with the neck problem is probably wry neck or crook neck. Some will get that after getting injured, a vitamin deficiency, or a disease. If you try giving him vitamins in his water for a couple of weeks he may improve. Here is some info on wry neck: http://oureggbasket.blogspot.com/2013/04/wry-neck-or-crook-neck-understanding-it.html

Back
Top Bottom