My second try

Well 6 of my eggs pipped today. One ,adequately named turbo, has already emerged from the shell. Should I remove him him from the incubator? He is trying to walk around and disturbing all the other eggs. I will post some pics soon.

Congratulations! I leave my chicks in the bator until they are fluffed out and dry.There is no rush to get them out even if they are bumping around the other eggs. That's common.

It's tempting but don't open the incubator unless you are sure it's a life and death situation. It's much better to just leave chicks in lock down until all the eggs have hatched. If you open your bator you let out humidity and the air exchange will dry out the eggs that are pipped and may shrink wrap them.

Well I woke up this morning to find that 4 more babies had hatched over night, bringing total hatched so far to 6. I also noticed that 3 more eggs have pipped. Of the chicks that have hatched half are grey and yellow chipmunk, the other half are grey with some spots of yellow. 2 of the chipmunk chicks are clean legged, the rest are feather legged like their mother. I will post some pics later today.

Here are some more pics. Sorry for the quality I will put up some better pics when I pull them from the incubator this evening.

Oh and by the way it looks like I am going to get 100% hatch not counting the infertile eggs I pulled out in the beginning. Also, I had previously miscounted the eggs somehow, turns out I had 9 easter egger eggs in the bator.

Back
Top Bottom