My Silkie and Her eggs...But when?

Peckyweck01

Songster
Aug 30, 2020
Mcminnville, Oregon
I have a black silkie bantam pullet and she is 5 months old. When do they start to lay? She hasnt shown any signs or even began to think of the idea of squatting. She RARELY comes over to the rooster trying to call when he found food. I have her in with 1 silkie bantam roo, 2 Andalusian laying hens, and her best friend, a 4 month old frizzle/silkie mix.

Lol I had the same problem with one of my silkies, At almost one year old Precilla (the chicken) belted our a big ol crow! I was in shock! My son was with me and he looked over and said “hmmm I guess we shall call the chicken Preston now”

Lol I had the same problem with one of my silkies, At almost one year old Precilla (the chicken) belted our a big ol crow! I was in shock! My son was with me and he looked over and said “hmmm I guess we shall call the chicken Preston now”
Mine is a DEFINITE hen. I was just wondering the time range on when they can lay. Thank you for sharing your story though!

But, today I went out this morning to go take care of them, then I noticed she WAS interested in the food the roo has picked up. Idk if he was trying to "grap her head" and breed her or if he was just pecking her very hard. But... she kept coming back.

Back
Top Bottom