My Silkie has a swollen eye

parrotlady66

Chirping
Apr 8, 2019
Hello All ,
i have two 10 week old Silkie chicks and we noticed the one had her one eye closed, I inspected her eye and didn't see anything unusual, today I was looking at her again and it's swollen and she doesn't like opening her eye , I took a warm damp cloth and wiped away some whitish /yellow goop away from her eye, I gently pulled down on the bottom part of her eye lid and didn't see anything but you can tell it's irritated but not sure as to why , i did wipe away some more stuff from her eye again
is there anything else i can do, she is eating and seems happy enough and doesn't mind being held onto
thanks for you help

Hmm, I'm thinking she poked it on something or got pecked in the eye by another chicken. I would do a warm eye compress a couple times a day and see if that helps. Maybe spritz it with some Veterycine if you have it or a put on a dab of Neosporin.

we have been putting a warm cloth over her eye a couple times a day, we are still getting a little bit of goop off it but she seems to be doing better and opening her eye more, so fingers are crossed that she is on the mend , I think she may have gotten some dust or pine shaving in it because they were fluffing and carrying on in the shavings sending them all over
thank you for checking back.This is such a great place for help
Sandy

Back
Top Bottom