My silkie has diarrhea and lost ALOT of weight

There isn't a dose per say... You are suppose to mix it with the water and let them drink it. But since she isn't feeling well she probably isn't drinking enough water.
So... Are you meaning how much water should she be drinking total each day?

What does she weigh again?
Shes 530g, and is almost 8 months old.
I was trying to see much food she should be eating. And water. That's why I added an extra teaspoon of corrid into my 2qt container. I'm also adding the corrid to the feed to make a mash. I have given her 60g of chick starter today. I'm not sure how much water.....I didnt measure before I added it to the food. But she has had at least 1TBS of corrid water by itself.

Shes 530g, and is almost 8 months old.
I was trying to see much food she should be eating. And water. That's why I added an extra teaspoon of corrid into my 2qt container. I'm also adding the corrid to the feed to make a mash. I have given her 60g of chick starter today. I'm not sure how much water.....I didnt measure before I added it to the food. But she has had at least 1TBS of corrid water by itself.
One tablespoon of water total all day?
@casportpony will you please get over here and help.
How much water should this bird be drinking?

One tablespoon of water total all day?
@casportpony will you please get over here and help.
How much water should this bird be drinking?

The rest of the water she has got today has been from what I mixed with her feed. I made it kinda watery and she has ate half. I just didnt think to measure how much water I added before I gave it to her.

This is what I would do. I just had a young silkie have the same issue with the runny poo and corid not helping. Very well could be bacterial enteritis or something like that. I take a 6ml syringe and fill that and give her 4 full syringes of water morning and night and a few through the day. She’s losing a lot of moisture and needs more to flush her system. I also take an egg and scramble it in a bowl. Ad a teaspoon of crumble chick starter and cook the scramble mixture up. I sprinkle probios on it and then take dime size chunks and open her mouth and shove them down in her mouth. Get them way back in and she will swallow. You should beable to give her most of the egg in one forced feeding. She needs firm foods to firm the poo up and high protein and fat to get her weight back. Feed her this way morning and night til her crop is full. Massage the crop a little when feeding to burp her and get air out to make room for more food. My pullet was on the brink of death and she has made a full recovery but it took a week of this force feeding.

Back
Top Bottom