My Silkie is acting strange.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by GCF56, Mar 12, 2018.

1. GCF56

GCF56 Hatching

Mar 12, 2018
    Recently my silkie has been acting weird. last night i saw her huddled in the corner soaking wet from the rain. i saw that their food had gotten clogged so i cleared it. as soon as the silkie heard the food she came running over. so i thought she was just starving. and i thought that was the end of it. well, i checked a couple hours later and she was right back in a corner. which is very odd for her because she typically sleeps in a nest box. so i picked her up and put her in it so she wasn't in the cold rain. this morning she was out of her box and walking around just fine. i kept an eye on her all day but i never saw her jump up to the roost or nest box. so i went and checked on her around 9pm today and it was the same thing as last night. she was huddled by the door. and i had to put her in the box. she seems sick or weak, and i just do not know what to do. they have plenty of food and water. so i am not sure what is wrong with her. keep in mind the two chicken i have left are very old and do not lay anymore. if you have any advice or experience with this please help.

2. Flock Master64

Flock Master64 Crowing

Jul 24, 2016
    Surrounded by the Amish
    So she acts normally during the day but she won’t go into the coop at night ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: