My Silkie rooster just can't...do it

Quote:
Is that what you collect Sour? I always wondered.
tongue.png

Maybe he would do better if you trimmed him and her around the business areas, and then DO trim his crest enough so he can see. I also do believe if he watched an experienced roo, he would get quite an eyeful and education at the same time.

I've worked in a breeding/showing kennel and some of the would -be studs were dumber than dirt., and they COULD see what was what. So don't be hard on a silky roo.

Quote:
Been there, done that. Some roos do eventually get it right. Others are idiots their whole lives. I have a little 1/2 lb. roo right now that tries his darndest to mate my 8 & 9 lb. brahma hens. When he pulls a sneak attack the girls have learned to just lean forward; sends him tumbling over their heads.
lol.png

Do you have video!?! I would LOVE to see that!

Quote:
Been there, done that. Some roos do eventually get it right. Others are idiots their whole lives. I have a little 1/2 lb. roo right now that tries his darndest to mate my 8 & 9 lb. brahma hens. When he pulls a sneak attack the girls have learned to just lean forward; sends him tumbling over their heads.
lol.png

Do you have video!?! I would LOVE to see that!

No and my DH just bought me a video camera, so I really have no excuse.
hide.gif

I had a mating pair of parakeets last year and the male had a time getting it right. He kept falling off and landing on the bottom of the cage. They mate on a perch so it's a little trickier. The cage is next to the kitchen table so family meals were quite -err interesting and amusing. They did get it right and managed to rear three healthy babies out of five eggs laid. So there's hope for your little silie guy as well.

He can see just fine. Maybe a rear trim will help. Charlie-Bit-Me just can't get in the right position! Oh Charlie, why can't you boink Lady Gaga! I need your children!
barnie.gif
droolin.gif

1208_charliebitmegagapuff_121311_002resize.jpg

1208_charliebitmegagapuff_121311_007resize.jpg

Back
Top Bottom