My Silly Geese...

greyfields

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 15, 2007
Washington State
... starting laying eggs this week. They're only 2-3 months earlier than normal. Strange times are upon us.

Now what to do with all the eggs? I don't want to incubate until Spring weather; and I don't want them to hatch goslings in winter either. They won't make it. I guess they'll go to the pigs.

If you ship eggs, see if someone wants to buy some this late in the year. The incubating bug is probably still biting away at people
smile.png

Mine are GREAT eating...a MAN sized omelet;) I think Snowflake finally quit laying...its freezing now and I've got to get the heat lamps set up for water/light this weekend.

Big winds yesterday, last night and still today...my advice, eat them or have someone/something eat them:)

Quote:
Mine act like they will start laying soon (squatting, wanting to be petted). I hope so. Goose Egg are good eating.

I call them "Instant Omelet, just add veggies"
big_smile.png

I've gotten several PM's about shipping eggs. It's just not something I want to take the time or liability doing. I'm in Washington state and would gladly part with some eggs if anyone turned up at the farm, but we just don't have time in our schedule to add egg selling into the mix. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom