My son needs a name!!! FINALLY HERE pg 1

Something you might try, if having a common name concerns you:

Our local hospital has a list of all the babies born by month. Before I chose my younger son's name "Brennan", I went to the hospital website and looked through FIVE YEARS of babies born in our town. (that was as far back as they had available) None of them had his name.

I did find out about a year later that it's a fairly common LAST name. But I don't know any of them, anyway.

For my older son, my (now ex-) husband & I wracked our brains for months over what to name him. One day I broke down and bought a $1.99 baby name book, opened it up and Lo' and behold! Right there on the first page, top of the list- AARON. I looked at his dad & said, "What do you think? Is that cool?" and he said, "That's cool with me." So there you go.

I am pretty sure he has wanted him name to be Chad (which I also like, but didn't want to use because I have a cousin with that name) because he always uses it when he plays video games.

FWIW, I will respectfully disagree & say I love my name. Maybe it is because my family called me a nickname all of my life and never wore out my real name. It was when I was about 26 that I started using my real name, Cassandra. Can you tell I like it? I use it as a log in name whenever it is available. And it makes me mad when someone else has already taken it.
wink.png
I think I am supposed to be the only one! C'mon. There has got to be some other Cassandras on here. Do you feel the same way? I swear, it is the coolest name ever invented.

haha
Cassandra (see, I can't stop writing it)

I hateee my name, aha, but I suggested some back there! My name is Stephanie, but I was supposed to be called Aelwen, apparently though my mum didn't like that not many kids would know how to say it in Canada, since my parents are both from England, my dad being Welsh.

I blame all those Canadian children for my not having a cool name.

Quote:
I so agree with this I can't tell you how many times as a kid I came home in tears. I had a teacher in 3rd grade who refused to say my name correctly. My mom had to go down and have it out with her. That was when I started to hate my name. I still have today people who can't pronounce it right. When I was a kid I wanted stuff with my name on it and you couldn't find anything. Not a necklace, pen, pencil nothing. So I decided I would name my kids something a little more common. Over the years I've met several others with my name which is not common at all and then find out they are 3 Twila's living in Ocala of all places.

Ughh, my name is STEPHANIE and every teacher I've ever had has still managed to screw it up, as well as my last name which annoys me and hurts me the MOST, Reay..HOW HARD IS IT REALLY? it's said RAY, not RE-Ahh.

Good choice, Turnerstar! My son's name is Torin!!! It means "Chief" in Irish Gaelic. Torin is a wonderful young man of almost 17. You can borrow it if you like. If you do, I hope your Torin is as wonderful as mine. I also love the name Ezra. Torin says he's going to name his son Ezra. My grandson!!! Amazing names!

THIS IS TORIN:
IMG_3310.jpg

He's a varsity football player. He has a VERY tender heart! He really is a Chief! Good luck with your son! He will be a treasure!

Edited to included unsmiling, but inspirational pic of Torin!!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Stephanie, its not as bad as my experience. We had a substitute teacher that has subbed too many times to count for classes I am in. Well we were in the library a while back and he was taking role call and he kept saying "Michelle, is there a Michelle in this class, Michelle Baker" then I said that my name is Michael Baker and he ignored me and continued to look for a Michelle in the class. How can you miss-pronounce Michael? Maybe its because he was old.

I have Nick and Sam; but here are some other names

Henry (Hank, Hal)
Gunnar
Olaf
Vann
Bram (Abraham)
Tyrel/Terrel
Ivor
Issac
Abel
Gilbert
Crispin
Tucker

Taku
Chilkat

This is a great website for avoiding the names that are too common.

http://ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/

Also, things I can come up with fro your perferred list, with no offense meant...

Amos...a mess
John....a toilet
Asa...I as going to....

Last edited:
Quote:
I am going to agree with you, maybe Dually Ford, or Dually Dodge, lol. Now I have more ideas...

For the love of good trucks...NOT Dually Dodge...stick with Dually Ford!!

Quote:
I think I may steal Levi from you sister for our new baby....we don't have to tell her. I'm definetly adding it to my list of baby names. Thanks!!

Well, she wanted to name him Leviticus, but her DH said no way! lol.

Quote:
Christie,

My best friend in Kindergarten was named James Allen! I just thought I'd toss it in,lol. I love James and Jacob though. But my sister's dog's name is Jake, so that pops in my head too!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom