My son's free mystery chicken

PAchickenlover

Songster
8 Years
Jun 29, 2011
York
98119_bens_mystery_chicken.jpg

All we were told was that it was a hen, but i'm not certain. I have 3 White plymouth rocks and this one is MUCH more leggier. In short it is a white chicken that has a relatively small body and long legs. Any one have any ideas? Leghorn???

Thanks,
Mollie

Thanks It has yet to cock-a-doodle-do but I'll keep listening. The guy that brought the chicken to the auction said that his kids put the wrong bird in and he didn't want to cart it home. It's pelvic bones are pretty far apart, Is that normal for a leghorn roo? Or is it possible that it could be a hen?

Last edited:
Depending on the age, could definitely be a leghorn hen. If it's 6 weeks old or something, it's a roo. But Leghorns at POL have gigantic combs - the combs on my year olds are huge and cover their faces!
smile.png

Do not have a clue about the breed, BUT I say hen all the way! I do not think you have to worry that it will ever start to crow.
I will eat a "leg" if it does though ( I knew by 4 weeks which of my flock were roos, and unfortunately I was right when I had 11 roos out of 28)

big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom