My stress is through the roof

This thread puts me at ease about ordering chicks! I've been going to a local farm that hatches, which is always nice but they don't have ALL the breeds want. Thank you for acting like I would when ordering chicks :gig I'm sure I'd be the same way! I feel bad for the person who's watching my chickens when we go on vacation because I'll be texting every morning and night to ask "How are the chickens?" The person is highly qualified and has even done classes on livestock farming and was in FFA and 4H. I'll still give them a hard time though :confused:

But that's what makes you such a great chicken mama! I'm not sure how anyone puts up with me because now that I've found BYC I'm all chicken, all the time.

But that's what makes you such a great chicken mama! I'm not sure how anyone puts up with me because now that I've found BYC I'm all chicken, all the time.
My work knows exactly what I am talking about when I say "my babies"! Everyone, unless they have chickens laughs at me, not mean though they just think I'm hilarious. I still freak out in the morning till I see everyone up and running, after lossing my first chick since raising chickens.

For awhile I was doing a headcount every time I went to check on them to make sure there were all still alive and active. I still do it, but not quite with as much worry as I did for weeks 2-5
Yup that's me to a tee! I have 5 silkies that are older, I lost 3 of them from the get go and still head count them lol. The first morning with these little ones I was afraid to look in the brooder. Of course they were all sleeping so then I had to gently rouse them. I'm terrible!!!

Sorry for such a silly post! :frowThanks to you wonderful BYC people I ordered chicks online for the first time. They have shipped today!!!! :celebrate. Now for the stress part, I will be at work when they arrive at the post office. :barnie My husband (who isn't really chick smart) and my 5 year old are supposed to go pick them up. :oops:. I already have the brooder set up and have given him instructions on what to do when he gets home. :fl. I am so close to calling off work, just kidding but it has crossed my mind. :lau. I need prayers that all goes well with my babies, as I have lost chicks from feed stores before and have read to many stories about hatchery deliveries. :confused:. Amen.... :woot
So how did it go? Did the hubby nail it?:hmm

Back
Top Bottom