My stress is through the roof

Pics

Mybackyardpeepers

Free Ranging
Mar 22, 2019
Michigan
Sorry for such a silly post! :frowThanks to you wonderful BYC people I ordered chicks online for the first time. They have shipped today!!!! :celebrate. Now for the stress part, I will be at work when they arrive at the post office. :barnie My husband (who isn't really chick smart) and my 5 year old are supposed to go pick them up. :oops:. I already have the brooder set up and have given him instructions on what to do when he gets home. :fl. I am so close to calling off work, just kidding but it has crossed my mind. :lau. I need prayers that all goes well with my babies, as I have lost chicks from feed stores before and have read to many stories about hatchery deliveries. :confused:. Amen.... :woot

I always drive to the area postal package warehouse about 35 miles from me to pick my chicks up.. The chicks always arrive there the day before they are put in the trucks the next morning for delivery to my local post office.
Your post office knows where there packages arrive first in your location and can supply you with a phone number.
Best of luck to you!

Well get stuff set up. Your husband will need to plug in the light or heat source, than go fetch the box. He needs to unload them, give them a quick going over, than dip their beaks in water. He should be able to handle it. Mine did it once for me. :)
I told him to turn the heat lamp on before he goes, he is really skeptical about dipping their beaks and I sure am not asking the 5 yr old lmao. Quick question, I have nutri-drench and hydro-hen, poultry vitamin on hand. What should I put in their water?

I always drive to the area postal package warehouse about 35 miles from me to pick my chicks up.. The chicks always arrive there the day before they are put in the trucks the next morning for delivery to my local post office.
Your post office knows where there packages arrive first in your location and can supply you with a phone number.
Best of luck to you!
They are coming from Ohio, he (postal worker) must of knew they were coming cause he told me a time they should arrive there. Thanks.

No apology needed! We lost our entire first shipment of 24 chicks in mid-February to cold due to blizzards in the Heartland that week. We got a replacement shipment the following week, and the only reason we only lost three out of the second batch was because of the dear Postmistress at the PO 30 miles away, an angel if there ever was one. She called us and told us they had arrived. I said, That's great, but we're in (such-and-such a city). She replied, I know, Dear, but they won't get there until tomorrow and I'm afraid they may not survive that long. Is there any way you can come get them NOW?

It was like she'd built a fire under my fanny. "I'll have someone there in 30 minutes!" I assured her, and hollered for my teenager. Away she went and, well, like I said, we only lost three.

I'm sure your DH will do all he can to care for your chicklets. Put everything in writing. Post notes everywhere. When I make notes for my family, I keep them VERY SIMPLE, and I use BIG FAT SHARPIES. I tape notes to walls. I tape SEVERAL COPIES in conspicuous places. I plan for success!

Best wishes to everyone involved!

Back
Top Bottom