My Sweet Little Bob...

Tara Black

Songster
6 Years
Jul 9, 2013
Dover DE
So this is a story about my sweet little Serama named Bob. Bob was given to me by another BYC member and was the very coolest Roo ever! Bob liked people way more then chickens and he wanted a people flock. So I got Bob with the intention of spoiling him rotten and loving him dearly, and allow him to be my house chicken. The night we brought Bob home he talked our ears off on the 2 hour car ride and didn't leave our sides when welcomed into our house. He was by my side and under foot just like my corgi Jinx.

We hadn't really thought about where Bob would sleep, so we put him in the brood bin with our other chicks figuring we would get him his own crate the next day, but Bob didn't like that and flew right out and on my fiancé's head.

He refused to be with the others at all, so we made him a little bed in a large shoebox and placed it on our bedroom floor next to Jinx's bed. He slept peacefully all night. Over the next few weeks Bob was my constant companion who went on rides to the store with me, where he would gain attention by peeping on the dash waiting impatiently for me to come out, and helping drive the car by sitting on my arm as I steered. He even insisted he jump in the shower with me, because I wasn't allowed out of his sight.

He would garden with me and catch bugs and walk with me to get the mail. He would take midday naps in my hair and on my shoulder, and eat little scraps of veggies and fruit while I cooked.

Bob was a great hair dresser too! He loved to preen my hair and did the best job! He loved to gossip while he did so, and would just peep away. We would hang out on the back porch and watch the other chickens roam, all the while enjoying the fresh air and sunsets.

At the end of the day we would curl up on the couch and I would read and he would peep or we would watch tv. He really loved watching tv lol.

So this amazing little Serama has stolen my heart in so many ways. I adore him and love him as much as I do my Jinx, who I've had for 5 years. That's why it hurt so bad when I woke up Saturday and found he had passed away in his crate. He was only 10 weeks old and I had only had him for a little over a month. I miss him so much.

Thank you for allowing me to share Bob's awesome story and my grief.

Rest In Peace My Sweet Little Bob, there will never be another as awesome as you! XoXoX

Awww, he's adorable thanks for sharing and so sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif
I also had a similar experience with a little zebra finch, she loved to be by people but for some reason she couldn't fly ( she probably had bad genetics), one day I peered in the basket she slept in and found that she had passed away. She was only a few months old.
sad.png

Last edited:
So very sorry to hear of your loss... thank you for sharing the adventures of Bob's life with you.... he had a very short but wonderful life.

hugs.gif

Thanks guys. It made me feel a bit better to type it all up and share. Who knew you could fall in love with a little chicken?!?! Today was the first day back to school for the kids and my fiancé went back to work, so my normal routine was not the same without my little Bob. I really miss him :'(

Back
Top Bottom