My test shipments!!! Last one's in the mail today...(Cross ur fingers)

I'm getting 2 dozen eggs a day, so I could give it a shot. I gotta pack some up and see how much I'll end up spending on bubble wrap and shipping, then I'll post back here. I know for a fact that the fertility rate is excellent, we cooked 2 dozen eggs yesterday and with the exception of the ones that broke upon cracking every single one had a bull's eye, and my eggs in my bator are all fertile except for one. But yeah, the first 5 people to PM me will have some shipped to you for testing my packing/shipping job, but I would need money for shipping and packing supplies (which I'll have figured out by the end of the week). Sound like a plan??? Thanks for the advice, everyone.....

P.S. Since I'm NPIP certified, I need the states of everyone who PM's me, cause I gotta send in to the state if you're outside of Missouri, and I'll need zips to calculate postage....

Last edited:
be carefull on turning USPS boxes inside out. I have seen the Post offce open them and when they see it, they charge COD at the door for the box. Meaning if it is a flat rate box (10.95) and you pay 8.00 to ship and the post office see it, they charge 2.95 at the door or you do not get the box. I have see it happen to several people.

Yes I agree with TazTaz! You cannot turn USPS boxes inside out, They will charge the person on the other the difference in postage!
Quote:

Quote:

i just noticed my new boxes i got shipped in u can't do that with anymore it is stamped on the inside just priority mail on some and newest others say thank u for useing priority mail service like 100 times so it is not useable,lol. i don't do it that way anyway but thought it was funny when i noticed it earlier packing eggs up. i guess u could still use brown paper wrapped around them if u can't see through it but idk.

I just placed an order for some of the priority boxes, not the flat rate boxes, and some shipping labels. I have 4 slots left for some test eggs, so if there are 4 more ppl who can pay shipping PM me....it'll be at least a week before I can ship out, I have to request shipping permits from NPIP in your state, but I can at least have the shipping cost and estimated shipping time to you....so please include at least your state and zip!

Also, if you want specific breed mixes let me know...I have no way of knowing what roosters are mixed in there, but I can send eggs from a specific hen. Example: if you want a white leghorn mix I will send you leghorn eggs, so the chicks you hatch will be at least half leghorn. The other half is the mystery!!!

With the priority box I'm thinking somewhere around $8, plus packing material. The eggs themselves are free....

I'm glad to see this thread. I, too, have "mutt" eggs and wondered if anyone would be interested in buying some for hatching. I've got some in my own bator right now, so if I manage to hatch anything cute I might post my own for sale.

Good luck with yours.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom