My Thanksgiving story and why I need to talk to Santa

Would you give a spoiled kid for Xmas coal?

• Yes and he deserves nothing

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No I need him to love me

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Pics

Ninjasquirrel

Free Ranging
5 Years
May 11, 2018
Northwest Indiana
Christmas is coming up and I need to shop for gifts. I dont see my niece and nephews often but I like to get them something nice. But now...I really need to talk to Santa based on Thanksgiving.

So on Thanksgiving I went to my brother's house and we did a turkey boil. When I went to leave I went to say good bye to the little ones. I walked in the room where they were playing games and announced I was leaving and I would like hugs. My oldest brother's kids ran up and hugged me right away but my other brother's kid said "I already hugged you". I told him that I got one when I arrived but now I'm leaving so Id like another. He flat out said no to me. I then proceeded to ask the ones that hugged me what they wanted for christmas and began to leave the room before my despondent nephew shouted "what about me?!" I said "well you didnt hug me so why should I get you a present?" Instead of giving his aunt a big ol hug he said "well my mom is gonna be mad at you if you dont get me anything. Shes going to hate you."

I could not believe that this adorable little boy I held as an infant has become such a spoiled brat!!!! So...I have a plan. I plan to tell him I spoke to Santa and he told me to get him this gift. Then give him gift wrapped coal. There will be a real gift of course but this kid needs a serious visit from Krampus. I also plan on getting permission from his parents before I would do this. He needs to learn some respect.

Sorry, but it seems like there's some deeper issue here. Try speaking to his mother about what happened. Children will act out around someone who they feel is a safe person who won't harm them. Sounds like this little one needs some extra love. Good luck.
I told his parents about this. His dad laughed and his mother was shocked and angry. He's becoming a little brat. Ive watched him tell his parents no often. It seems to me that they have not taught him to respect his elders...including them. I know its not my place to discipline or teach their child but I think something like this might get him to think about how he treats people. I dont want him to be a little sociopath

I think that's a tough situation to be in. I wouldn't give him a thing but other opinions will certainly vary. If you give to him because it's expected and not deserved then you're probably promoting the behavior you don't like and should expect the same from him in the years to come.

What happens if you're down on your luck some year and simply can't?

Hmmmmm......

Requiring hugs in order to get a "prize" seems so wrong to me.

I personally would not treat him any different just because he did not give a hug.
Maybe he was having a bad day...
Maybe he needed a nap...
Maybe we should not read to much into it all.

I always hated being forced to hug relatives or others at gatherings. I have never been a "hugger". It didn't make me less of a person or an unkind person.....it just meant I don't like hugs.

Perhaps a better way to be "connected" to the young man is to participate one on one in a game or project like Legos or something he likes to do. It gives a lot of gentle teaching moments that don't feel like "teaching him a life lesson".

I think that's a tough situation to be in. I wouldn't give him a thing but other opinions will certainly vary. If you give to him because it's expected and not deserved then you're probably promoting the behavior you don't like and should expect the same from him in the years to come.

I was down on my luck last year. I found out I was losing my job a week before Christmas. I told my niece and nephews I couldn't afford to get them a gift based on this. My oldest brothers kids hugged me and my niece tried to give me her piggy bank. The nephew in question just asked if he could still get a gift if they didnt get one.

I told his parents about this. His dad laughed and his mother was shocked and angry. He's becoming a little brat. Ive watched him tell his parents no often. It seems to me that they have not taught him to respect his elders...including them. I know its not my place to discipline or teach their child but I think something like this might get him to think about how he treats people. I dont want him to be a little sociopath
The child is learning the behavior somewhere. Just saying.....

I vote a clearance holiday sweater for that one. Thanksgiving ones should be on the racks now. You know just so he will be better prepared for next Thanksgiving. Priceless as a lump of coal. That and events should still be fresh in his mind.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom