My three rescue girls and advice needed

Thank you for the warm welcomes. What a lovely community.

Yes, I would say it's a sour crop. She was upside down for a long time caught in the wire and of course very distressed. I know it's the wrong time of day but I've helped her to be sick and boy did she bring up a load and it stinks. She's now happily pecking around and no more head shaking so far. I will empty her crop each morning for the next few days and then see where we are then for the next possible treatment if any. That link was very informative so thank you again.

I've never had chickens before (though my Mum did) but we have all fallen in love with them and watch them often throughout the day. What a difference they have made to our mental health too. I never knew a chicken could be so funny and full of character.
:thumbsup Aren't they hilarious ! I love watching them too. What a cute story you have, you little rescue girl! My rescue pets tend to be more loving I don't know if that works with chicken or not. I'm so glad you got the crop fixed! Welcome to BYC it's obvious you realize the wisdom that is here. So helpful. Glad for great endings send us pics if you can. What are your girls named?

:thumbsup Aren't they hilarious ! I love watching them too. What a cute story you have, you little rescue girl! My rescue pets tend to be more loving I don't know if that works with chicken or not. I'm so glad you got the crop fixed! Welcome to BYC it's obvious you realize the wisdom that is here. So helpful. Glad for great endings send us pics if you can. What are your girls named?
What a lovely message. Thank you. :love

It's funny what you should say about the rescues being so grateful and behaving differently. I suspect my first and second (Tuelow and Chapel) have no idea they have been rescued but my little girl Lucky runs to me almost shaking with delight when she sees me and squats down so desperate to be picked up and stroked.

She doesn't have the same sound as the others as she had become hoarse from crying when she was being eaten alive and sounds like a whistle when she chits chats to me. She is the one with the sour crop and she's had that since I got her.

The first few days she just cried and cried. She was such a mess and I didn't think she would make it but she has so I want to try very hard to make sure she has a good life. She's not laid an egg yet but I don't care if she never does as long as she is happy.

I will have to see if I can get some photos up.

I must admit for a household that has two young men with depression they have brought much joy and happiness. They are always doing something cute and funny. I never thought they would be such a source of amusement and there is always someone watching them from the back hall window. I must say they eat like queens and they adore peas and cauliflower and yes, I actually buy them what they like just for them.

How lovely to meet you with your understanding of my love for my babies.
Thank you again for such a lovely message :love

Back
Top Bottom