My Trader Joe eggs

Icravepoultry

Chirping
Mar 28, 2015
I just set my first chicken eggs. 2 dozen from Trader Joes. Not sure is they are fertile but local so I figured I'd give it a try. 1 dozen white and 1 brown dozen. I'm using a model 2100 still air farmer innovators incubator with automatic egg turner. I put the turner on instead of wait a couple days cause momma chickens turn all the time. Humidity is 50%. Super eggcited!!! :)

Last edited:
Not to dampen your hopes, but to help you out. I have read of peeps hatching TJ eggs. but not all are fertile. The eggs may say free range , but unless there is a rooster, you are out of luck.. You may be wasting 2 dozen eggs if so. There is a way to tell if an egg is fertile or not. Below I am posting a link to a thread with pix to determine fertility by looking at egg cracked open. If your eggs do not look fertile, then I suggest you get into making an omelet.
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/16008/how-to-tell-a-fertile-vs-infertile-egg-pictures

WISHING YOU BEST
thumbsup.gif

SEARCH OUT OTHER THREADS ABOUT TRADER JOE EGGS.. In the advanced search bar at top of page. There are a few.

Thanks. I know that it is unlikely many will hatch I just wanted to try it. Don't hatchery's only guarantee 90% sexing though so the flocks must have a couple roosters.

Back
Top Bottom