My turkens..and a polish, just cuz

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
All the talk of turkens today inspired me to take a few pics. Sorry, pics are of poor quality due to operator error and a slow camera.

My adult turkens are molting. There is an unwritten BYC law that says you are not allowed to photograph your hens in molt, but I feel like living dangerously (just hope Speckledhen doesn't catch me
hide.gif
).

Ivy, the boss of the big coop:

4810_p8260021_640x480.jpg

Pansy:

4810_p8260016_640x480.jpg

Pansy's twin Mandi:

4810_p8260030_640x480.jpg

Mandi again:

4810_p8260020_640x480.jpg

One of my two trahmas (turken over brahma) who will soon be much larger than my adult turken hens - this is Sally:

4810_p8260014_640x480.jpg

This is Polly:

4810_p8260032_640x480.jpg

The youngest of the turken gang, Annie, refused to be photographed.

And here is my someday proud rooster...I hope...Ozzy:

4810_p8260028_640x480.jpg

frow.gif
Hey hey hey! You over there! Yes, you with the pretty turkens! Can I have one??
tongue2.gif

In all seriousness, they are really pretty.
love.gif
And the rooster is impressive too
droolin.gif

Quote:
You want what I call a sure 'nuff turken or do you want a little brahma blood mixed in?
gig.gif
Seriously, Polly and Sally are not even six months old and they are bigger than my adult turken hens.

Ozzy the roo is useless for flock protection, but he makes a nice yard decoration.

Quote:
Oh, wait you weren't talkin' about me?
lol.png

I'm still waiting for people to start importing Brahmas to Australia that aren't a whole plane flight away
roll.png
Though, when you think of it, a Polish x Turken....
lau.gif

Quote:
lol.png

I'm still waiting for people to start importing Brahmas to Australia that aren't a whole plane flight away
roll.png
lau.gif

Ain't happening. Ozzy would have to be able to see a turken hen before he could mate her and I don't intend to ever trim his crest.
wink.png

Quote:
lol.png

roll.png
lau.gif

Ain't happening. Ozzy would have to be able to see a turken hen before he could mate her and I don't intend to ever trim his crest.
wink.png

smack.gif
aw, is he a little one?
tongue2.gif

I've tried trimming my silkies crest.Funny story, she has such long hair that she can't see so what she would do was wet it in the waterer and flick her head back so it kinda got gelled back like Elvis and after a while she realised mud would also do the job and.... ugh. You get the idea
gig.gif

Beautiful Turkens! Just got another, i plan to do showgirls then maybe turken x speckled sussex. I would also love to have a frizzle or a green egg layer
smile.png
. So versatile!

Back
Top Bottom