My Turkens Are Beautiful, And Yours Are, Too!

A couple NN chicks.......
10421_dscf4476.jpg

A NN hen......
10421_dscf3985.jpg

One of my WFB spanish NN hens.....
10421_dscf3956.jpg

Some more WFB spanish NN's........
10421_dscf4091.jpg

Millie Fluer NN's
10421_dscf4081.jpg

Not a turken, but a Madagascar Game cockerel (I think it's a boy):

20080731_5.jpg

20080731_1.jpg

He is from Ideal Hatchery. They are very fragile as chicks. I still worry about him, he's the last one I have left. The rain and muggy weather we had awhile back took the rest of them.
sad.png
Some I lost in shipping and shortly after receiving them (they don't handle shipping stress very well). This was the first year for me to try this breed, so it's been a learning experience. I really like them because of their "oriental" game look and pea combs, so far they have a calm disposition much like turkens. I would love to find a breeder, even though my luck at hatching gamefowl eggs hasn't been all that great.
hmm.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are all kinda cute, somehow. As long as they all have cute chicken faces, I just ignore the neck part.
lol.png

Seriously, I would love to have at least one of each kind of chook out there.

KellyGwen, sorry for your loss.

This is Elvira - BEFORE she was nearly murdered by her brooder-mates. She had awful wounds. SHE scratched at them after we isolated her, so it just got worde & worse. She was a mess (flaps of scab - yuck). Ended up on antibiotics. The vet didn't think she'd live.

This is before:

moreMaychicks.jpg

This is now, a great big 3 mo. old beauty:

P1010690.jpg

I don't have any wound photos; it was all too gruesome.
I'd like to report that not only is Elvira holding her own in the coop, she is pretty tough. When challanged, she jumps straight up and tries to land on top of the opposition. The kids call her Ninja Chicken!

Last edited:
i have 3 showgirls. i call them my vultures. they have black skin. when they were very young, the necks reminded me of clam necks. would love a turken maybe this spring.

Back
Top Bottom