My turkey is not laying

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by muesky, May 17, 2008.

1. muesky

muesky Got Peacocks?

Ok everyone I have a Bourbon Red breeding pair and my hen has been laying really well. All of a sudden she has stopped laying. She seems healthy and I know she is well feed and I can not figure out what is wrong.
    I did do a full overhaul on the coop and totally cleaned everything out and every since then she has not laid one egg. This has been about a week now. Is this normal?
    I am not sure if she should go to the vet or something.
    The weather has been pretty mild and the coop is well ventilated.
    Any opinions or advice?
    Thanks,
    R

2. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Could she be hiding them somewhere else?

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Changing everything in the coop could have put her off her nest - meaning big changes can cause them to stop laying. The same with chickens. Since turkeys don't lay year round how long has she been laying?

4. muesky

muesky Got Peacocks?

Quote:She has been laying since March I would say. Her first dozen or so eggs became breakfast I hatched out about a dozen or so and have sold a couple of dozen.
    I have notice her being grumpy lately and just a little broody. The incubator is packed so maybe I will just stick some eggs under her this week and see if she will sit them.
    When given lemons make lemonade as grandma used to say.[​IMG]
    Thanks for the advice,
    Rebecca

5. PearlD

PearlD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Northwest Alabama
    My RB hen is doing the same freaking thing!!! What is up with that??? Are they on strike or something, cuz My Narry hen is laying like crazy! [​IMG]

No changes in my coop, and I even quit letting her free-range for a couple of days to make sure she wasn't hiding them.........NO EGGS!!! Anyone else with this problem? It may be because of a cold front we had move in last week.....because I noticed the quail really slowed the laying down too. I will research this.... [​IMG]

6. idellia

idellia New Egg

Mar 23, 2013
    my turkeys r 1 year old and still not laying I haven't come up with nothing yet I have got them in a lot to run in .I don't no what else to do u got any suggestion thanks

7. dolphin28

dolphin28 New Egg

Apr 25, 2013
    mine doing the same she goes to her place to lay and no egg does the same evrey day she is a bronze turkey i have a white turkey thats laying evrey day dont know what this is if you find out please let me know thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by