My Turkey went blind over night :-( Does anyone know what would cause this?

Sharra

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 26, 2010
Does anyone know what would cause an almost 2 year old Tom Turkey to go totally blind over night. No other symptoms just complete blindness and of course clumsiness and running into this things since he can't see. He will drink if i put the water in a cup and hold it to his beak but he won't eat. His poo looks normal too.

Your post was from a long time ago, but I have experience the same thing. Did you ever find out what happened?

Does anyone know what would cause an almost 2 year old Tom Turkey to go totally blind over night. No other symptoms just complete blindness and of course clumsiness and running into this things since he can't see. He will drink if i put the water in a cup and hold it to his beak but he won't eat. His poo looks normal too.

Your post was from a long time ago, but I have experience the same thing. Did you ever find out what happened?
Did anyone find out what happened? Our turkey got caught in netting earlier and it was around neck - we’ve been taking care of him all day our only concern now is he seems to have gone blind ?

Back
Top Bottom