My turn to rant...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Hello, I to was a bus driver for 13 years and you do have some good points

1. Yes it is the parents responsibility to have the child at the stop before the bus arrives but we also know that this isn't practicle in some cases. Are you going to make your child stand outside for 10 or more minutes in pouring down rain or thunderstorms. Just an example.

Also to answer your second part if one person doesn't ride the bus will be early. Well in my opinion and what I practiced if I was early I think it is the Bus Drivers responsibility to STOP and give the child a chance to get to the bus. I mean the bus cannot unload at the school until a certain time so if your early why not stop. JMO

2. Yes Bus drivers do have a schedule but as said above if someone doesn't ride you have time to slow down and stop.

3. 13 years Bus driving experience.

4. Shelley if it is a continual problem I would contact someone. Although it wouldn't hurt to try and talk with the driver first, then if you get nowhere go to the district or super..

Quote:
if you waited 20 sec for every 60 kids kids on the bus that comes to approx, 10 min. if you as a bus driver can leave a bettert window for that, for 3-5 year old children, and not be on time as well then try to change the schedule and leave earlier.

**Edited to remove inflammatory comments**

Last edited by a moderator:
"If one child does not ride, the bus will be early." So that means the child before hers did not ride. Can't figure out why. Then her child did not ride. Can't figure out why. Wonder how many kids after her stop didn't ride, seeing as how the bus was now ultra-early. Wonder if the school wonders why an almost empty bus shows up.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but you keep bringing this up. The bus was 10 minutes early, and we were almost to the road when he went zipping past. So am I still in the wrong? It takes about 5-10 minutes to walk to the road from the house, so the same time in reverse. The bus is supposed to be here about 6:50 (bus driver's words, not mine). So if it took us 5 minutes to walk back to the house, and it was 6:45 when we got here (back to the house), doesn't that make us 10 minutes earlier than when he is supposed to get here?

Last edited:
Quote:

1. Yes it is the parents responsibility to have the child at the stop before the bus arrives but we also know that this isn't practicle in some cases. Are you going to make your child stand outside for 10 or more minutes in pouring down rain or thunderstorms. Just an example.

Also to answer your second part if one person doesn't ride the bus will be early. Well in my opinion and what I practiced if I was early I think it is the Bus Drivers responsibility to STOP and give the child a chance to get to the bus. I mean the bus cannot unload at the school until a certain time so if your early why not stop. JMO

2. Yes Bus drivers do have a schedule but as said above if someone doesn't ride you have time to slow down and stop.

4. Shelley if it is a continual problem I would contact someone. Although it wouldn't hurt to try and talk with the driver first, then if you get nowhere go to the district or super..

They have rules for the parents in KY, specifically written in the parents pamphlet given to each parent before the start of school. Yes, I would stop if I was more than 10 early.
And you have no idea how many years I have under my belt!

The only thing the handbook says is that students need to be on time at the bus stop. How can I be on time when he is so darned early??

Quote:

They have rules for the parents in KY, specifically written in the parents pamphlet given to each parent before the start of school. Yes, I would stop if I was more than 10 early.
And you have no idea how many years I have under my belt!

with all those years under your belt then you know about the prestonsburg school bus tradgedy, its the worst school bus wreck in us history,
we live in an area that could very easily happen again,

In my experience, it really dosn't matter when the bus comes...whether it late or early, parents are never happy. Your child is not the only one on the bus, believe me, we hear about everything.

As to the other poster, if that same bus was 10 minutes late...the parent would be mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom