My turn to rant...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed you are in KY, drove for Warren County in Bowling Green.

If we waited for every child that was running down the drive, we would be habitualy late for school, then we are in trouble.

Quote:
I would understand if we were no where close to the road, but we were within 50 feet of the road. It would have taken my son probably 10-20 seconds longer than 'normal' (if that) to run the rest of the way to the bus, if only the guy would have looked.

Quote:
I would understand if we were no where close to the road, but we were within 50 feet of the road. It would have taken my son probably 10-20 seconds longer than 'normal' (if that) to run the rest of the way to the bus, if only the guy would have looked.

I agree with you Shelley..ESPICALLY near a known bus stop..the guy should be slowing down...
What if a kid ran in the road? scary! I'd call someone!

I think the key point here is the bus was EARLY. By at least ten minutes.

My SIL had bus problems. The bus barn didn't care. She called the school and got the run around. She finally talked to the principal and that's when action was taken. I don't really understand the callous attitude. They are schools, institutions of LEARNING, and the schools will tell you in so many thousand ways that they know what is best for your child. But I'll be darned if they don't drop the ball in so many thousands of ways.

Quote:

I agree with you Shelley..ESPICALLY near a known bus stop..the guy should be slowing down...
What if a kid ran in the road? scary! I'd call someone!

that happens here in ky way too much as it is.
you remember the bullitt co. thing last year?

Every county and state are different. Where I live the bus has to stop open the door then move on if no one is there.
I see them do it all the time when I'm stuck behind one.

I've never hear of a "privelegde" that takes money.

The key point is, it is your responsibility to be at the stop atleast 10 minutes before the bus is schedualed to arrive. I is in the booklet all parent get at the beginning of the school year. On rare occasions the buss is early or late. We as drivers try the best we can to keep a schedule. 10-20 second wait on the 60 children that ride the bus, adds up to the kids being late for school.

If you want a driver to understand your position, maybe you should try to understand theirs.

Quote:
In KY, it is a priviledge, not a right to ride the bus (unless you have a special needs child).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom